9.27.2011

Getting some work done for the journal while LazyBones McGee sleeps the day away.
Days off for him are such a rare occurrence, and since I'm up and off to work and back before noon each day, I really just want to get out and enjoy the sunshine before it hides behind rainclouds for the next eight months.

This week, he went in to tell his Chef that he'll be leaving after the holidays.  So now we're working on getting a transfer for him to one of the other properties (there's four in Vancouver). I wish he would go as a Sous Chef, since the company would pay for all of our moving expenses and put us up in the hotel until we found a place to live, but I know he's not ready to trade in cooking for management.  He's in a good spot right now - five of his dishes just made it onto the new menu, he gets to cook every day, but still has the responsibility of looking after the staff - so I understand him not wanting to take that next step.  Not to mention, Sous Chefs in this company are paid a salary and he's still fortunate enough to be making an hourly wage (meaning overtime). And a damn good one.

As for myself, I've been spending these past few days trying to sort through three years of accumulated junk. It's mostly old notebooks and papers (do I really need to keep a paper on Interpretivism as seen in Henrik Ibsen's A Doll's House?!), but I am always worried that I'll need them later. I was neurotic the first few years, keeping  every single paper and assignment. I'm trying to whittle it down to term papers from core classes (that is, not Introduction to Astronomy or Contemporary Canadian Literature).  I finally sold a bunch of my textbooks at the start of last year, but have kept the ones on Aging or Mental Health that I could still use for grad school. So, that's a start.

And now, just because, here's a photo of my nightstand with the flowers Chef brought home for me the other day. Gerber daisies. My favourite. Just because. Yup, he's a keeper.... Notice the book - Ami McKay's The Birth House. Good read. You should check it out.  ... just sayin'.

2 comments:

The Fit Flosser said...

You're little nook looks so cozy! I like all the photos on the wall.

Props to Chef for getting five of his dishes on the menu!

Carley {Chef and the Academic} said...

I'll pass your 'props' along.. haha.

Post a Comment

Hi there!
Comments are awesome, so show me some love!
<3 xo