9.05.2011

I was looking over some pictures today, and came across one of my puppy, Katie. She used to be my next-door-neighbour's dog and would come 'visit' whenever they went out of town, but Mrs. Next-Door-Neighbour ended up developing Alzheimer's Disease and Katie was just a little too much for Mr. NDN to handle... there were constant trips to the hospital whenever Mrs. NDN ended up burning herself or what have you and he couldn't give her the attention she deserved. So, this lovable pile of fluff ended up staying permanently.  She was twelve years old then, and we thought we'd only have her for a couple of years.  Skip forward six years and Katiekins is still at our place. She can't move much anymore since she has arthritis in her back hip so her legs tend to give out on her, and she can't seem to lift her head for more than a few minutes at a time.  Living on a farm when I was younger, I always loved animals, but never got attached (accidents happen and farm animals end up becoming dinner animals - not that we'd eat our puppies!), but this furball is like a little sister to me. She's thoughtful and gentle and caring. As the days go by though, I see her get weaker and slower. I'm not sure what I'll do with myself when the time comes...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!
Comments are awesome, so show me some love!
<3 xo